Tata Consumer Products has implemented a management system that manages the interrelated parts of its business in order to achieve its objectives for product quality, operational efficiency, food safety, environmental performance, and health and safety in the workplace. ISO management system standards (MSS) have helped us improve our performance by specifying repeatable steps to achieve our goals and objectives, and to create an organizational culture that reflexively engages in a continuous cycle of self-evaluation, correction and improvement of operations and processes through heightened employee awareness and management leadership and commitment. The benefits of the effective management system includes:
- More efficient use of resources and improved financial performance.
- Improved risk management and protection of people and the environment.
- Increased capability to deliver consistent and improved services and products, thereby increasing value to customers and all other stakeholders.
We subscribe to the following Management System Standards in our production units worldwide.
- Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001) : This specifies the requirements for an environmental management system that can enhance the environmental performance of the company. It helps us to manage our environmental responsibilities in a systematic manner that contributes to the environmental pillar of sustainability. The intended outcomes of an environmental management system include: enhancement of environmental performance, fulfilment of compliance obligations and achievement of environmental objectives.
- Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (ISO 45001/ OHSAS 18001) : this standard specifies requirements for an occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system to provide safe and healthy workplaces by preventing work-related injury and ill health, as well as by proactively improving our OH&S performance. The intended outcomes of an OH&S management system include: continual improvement of OH&S performance, fulfilment of legal requirements and other requirements and achievement of OH&S objectives.
- Food Safety Management Systems (ISO 22000/ FSSC 22000) : This standard provides requirements for a food safety management system (FSMS) to enable us to secure our food supply chain: to plan, implement, operate, maintain and update a FSMS providing products and services that are safe, in accordance with their intended use, to demonstrate compliance with applicable statutory and regulatory food safety requirements; to evaluate and assess mutually agreed customer food safety requirements and to demonstrate conformity with them.
As on July 2021, over 50% of the overall revenue of the company is coming from units certified to these standards.